Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

JSA and a one off job (3hrs)

(5 Posts)
chocolatedays Wed 11-Nov-09 12:17:24

Hi
I'm on contribution based JSA and have a one off opportunity to work for less than 16hrs, one day only. For this I will get c.£150. I get £60 per week jsa - so for that week I assume I get nothing but get the £60 for the next week- or do they take both weeks into acount - so nothing for 2weeks?

Thanks!

Seededbiatch Wed 11-Nov-09 12:20:50

I would have thought they'd reduce the amount you get for three weeks actually until the £150 had evened out IYSWIM but I might be completely wrong because I've never claimed JSA.

Maybe try looking it up on the DWP or jobcentre website?

chocolatedays Wed 11-Nov-09 14:40:29

How frustrating - it really isn't worthwhile doing it then. Hurumph.

maggymay Wed 11-Nov-09 15:01:08

its done on a weekly basis you declare your work and then they stop your money for that week my son had some odd days work when he was on JSA and this is how they sorted his out

chocolatedays Wed 11-Nov-09 15:10:30

Hmm - in that case the most they'll deduct is £60. That's more promising! I'm trying to get hold of the jobcentre but not getting and answer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now