Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

calling the cod

(12 Posts)
hercules Fri 17-Jun-05 16:52:10

Dh has been an idiot and we got a letter this morning for him going 50 on a 40 mile limit part of the m25.

He has a clean license.

Any ideas on what will happen?

SoupDragon Fri 17-Jun-05 17:15:23

From DHs experience, you fill the form in, send it back with your license and a cheque for the fine and you get 3 points.

stitch Fri 17-Jun-05 17:28:33

and the 3 points means you have to declare them for the next five years. and yyour insurance premiums go upl
isnt this a wonderful country.

hercules Fri 17-Jun-05 17:34:47

Thanks

SoupDragon Fri 17-Jun-05 18:02:08

DHs 3 points made no difference to our insurance at all actually.

SoupDragon Fri 17-Jun-05 18:02:34

Although, tbh, it would be perfectly fair if they did.

Ladymuck Fri 17-Jun-05 18:12:31

Soupdragon - who are you insured with?

I got done for doing 80 in a 70 zone, paid a fine (£80 but might have been different). But the insurance hit was huge - another £150.

hercules Fri 17-Jun-05 18:14:55

second post said quickly, soupdragon

SoupDragon Fri 17-Jun-05 18:20:00

Er... can't remember! Maybe Admiral? We've changed about recently. I'm sure it didn't make any difference but thinking about it, that may have been because DH is only the "other driver" on my insurance and he sorts his own car out.

Hercules. It was actually just an afterthought. I do think that if you're going to speed, you have to take the consequences in points, fine and insurance premiums.

hercules Fri 17-Jun-05 18:22:25

I totally agree. Dh tried to make out it was me until he realised I was at work and he was driving to the aerport that day!

cod Thu 11-Aug-05 19:45:35

Message withdrawn

hercules Thu 11-Aug-05 19:48:10

We just got the letter through for dh as car is in my name. I have to adnit to feeling smug and satisfied when dobbing him in.
He has to pay 60 pounds and I think 3 points. Luckily we've just renewed our car insurance so will worry about that next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now