Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Threshers vouchers

(4 Posts)
PigeonPie Sat 07-Nov-09 16:29:36

My MIL has just told me that Threshers is closing down - I hadn't heard, but am sorry particularly for the staff.

Does anyone know what will happen about vouchers bought there? MIL bought a couple of vouchers for people for Christmas three weeks ago and has now been told they are worthless.

I can't see anything on their website - or the blurb that KPMG have posted - about vouchers, but she's now worrying.

I don't know why I need to find out, but she doesn't appear to be able to ask herself!

pinkcandyfloss Sat 07-Nov-09 16:58:32

My dh works for Threshers and they cannot accept or sell vouchers now unfortunately now they're in administration.

PigeonPie Sat 07-Nov-09 21:55:58

Thank you very much. I'm so sorry that your DH is going through such uncertainty. My MIL's loss is a drop in the ocean compared with what you must be going through at the moment.

I hope that KPMG do find a buyer and that your DH's shop is one that carries on.

pinkcandyfloss Sun 08-Nov-09 12:48:51

Unfortunately his shop is one of those to close so he'll be made redundant by 2nd Dec but thank you for your good wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now