Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

paying cheque into husbands account

(3 Posts)
lilyplant Fri 06-Nov-09 17:41:52

if you are married to someone but do not have a joint account with them, can you pay cheque thats just in your name into their account? if you sign it

i know you used to be able to sign the back but with so mch money landering now, and cheques being crossed, i suppose its not possible

ruddynorah Fri 06-Nov-09 17:43:18


you pay it into your account then transfer the money over. easy to do online.

NancyBotwin Fri 06-Nov-09 17:43:37

Not if the cheque is crossed. Think there are probably a few places (not banks) that would cash it for you but probably charge a huge commission.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: