Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can you reccomend a / your bank , need to open an account asap

(8 Posts)
LilyloovesGuyFawkes Thu 05-Nov-09 19:24:17

DP has had to shut his account today so we are looking for a new account asap.
He will pay his wage into this and all our bills will come out of it.
It would also be good if they matched overdrafts (i currently have one) so i could use it and move to a joint account with dp.
He has left RBS and i am hoping to leave Halifax so neither of those.
Thanks

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 19:30:45

Alliance & Leicester - they'll give you £100 to open an account, plus a free overdraft for a year. I moved there last December and had no hassle transferring over all the DD's etc, plus I can pay in/get money out of the Post Office which is great as I live in a village.

Elk Thu 05-Nov-09 19:31:49

We have used First Direct for years and find them to be really good.

CarGirl Thu 05-Nov-09 19:35:00

Nationwide, they are a building society rather than a bank so they don't have shareholders to pay! They offer the same banking services as a bank.

LilyloovesGuyFawkes Fri 06-Nov-09 09:52:02

Have seen on other threads first direct are good. Is it a problem not having a branch though ?

SixtyFootDoll Fri 06-Nov-09 09:53:49

I would second Alliance Leicester too.

ImSoNotTelling Fri 06-Nov-09 09:59:15

We're with the nationwide and happy, it feels nice to support a building society as well rather than lining the pockets of bankers/shareholders wink

I'm very happy with First Direct too. If you need a branch then you can deposit/withdraw at any HSBC as it's part of the same company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now