Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is it possible to pay mortgage from 2 bank accounts?

(4 Posts)
norksinmywaistband Thu 05-Nov-09 14:04:34

H and I are splitting. until the mortgage is sorted, It is currently paid from H bank account and I give him a cheque for my half.
Is it possible to have it paid from my account and his half and half split, or will banks only take one payment.
Any experience of this situation would be helpful

norksinmywaistband Thu 05-Nov-09 16:25:41

bump

Aussieng Thu 05-Nov-09 17:12:57

Norks I see no reason why your bank would have something in their mortgage agreement which would stop you doing this which is the only way that it would be a problem, I think. Most mortgage companies just want it paid and don't hassle you so long as the payments are made on time. Many years ago a bf and I did this (by standing order) with regard to our mortgage in the days before we got married and got a joint account.

If you really want peace of mind then the easiest way would be to ring the mortgage company and ask. You don't have to explain the situation to them just say that it is a joint mortgage and you were wondering if you could each make payments from your own accounts rather than having to do transfers first.

Don't suppose you could get him to pay you could you - then you would know that it was all being paid (or are you happy that is not an issue)?

norksinmywaistband Thu 05-Nov-09 18:57:35

Thanks for the reply, I will get onto it.
No way would he miss a payment, he is materialistic if not honest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now