Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Matched funding - which companies do it?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 03-Nov-09 17:34:29

I would like to send a flyer out to the parents at our school about matched funding for our christmas bazaar. I know Barclays do it and I know my ex-employer does it.
Please can anyone tell me any other companies that do matched funding for it's employees?

wicked Wed 04-Nov-09 07:27:34

You have to find out the deal from the community relations manager (or a title to that effect) of the company in question.

They will give you criteria and amounts.

mckenzie Wed 04-Nov-09 10:53:15

thanks wicked. It's going to be so time consuming doing that grin. I was rather hoping Mumsnetters who work for certain companies will pop on and say X company does and Y company doesn't for example so I know who to contact.

I've just spent the last 20 mins trying to speak with Lloyds TSb and Halifax but to no avail. The numbers that you get given on the internet are really for people who hold their accounts there, not for staff so I'm finding it hard to speak to the correct departments etc.

Thanks for the title though - t really helps that i now know who to ask for.

deepdarkwood Wed 04-Nov-09 10:57:33

LOL, I was wondering about this too, mckenzie and thinking mn would know the answer smile

If anyone know of any other companies (or you find anything else out, mckenzie) would love to know!

mckenzie Wed 04-Nov-09 11:58:02

I'll keep you posted ddw. Barclays Pensioners qualify, I found that out last week. So, assuming your enquiry like mine is for the school christmas bazaar, you can ask any relevant grandparents to get involved.

mckenzie Wed 04-Nov-09 12:01:21

Just found out that Lloyds TSB is a no as their foundation does not support schools.

wicked Wed 04-Nov-09 12:06:06

You need to look at companies in your particular area - big and small.

We have a major multinational blue chip in our area, and they will support only very local schools and other community schemes. Estate agents seem to give quite a lot of support too, judging by the advertising you see for school events.

You really have to look in your town for support. National companies are not necessarily going to help - just the ones with a significant base in the area.

Just an outside thought - perhaps your local council could help out with some possible companies. They will know which companies need to give some sweeteners back into the community and develop their public image.

mckenzie Wed 04-Nov-09 20:03:57

thanks wicked. Estate agents will be my focus tomorrow - we seem to have loads and loads!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now