Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

what's the best car breakdown policy?

(7 Posts)
overthemill Tue 03-Nov-09 16:48:48

i need to sort out our car insurance as it is really high. our current very expensive policy includes car breakdown but adding it into quotes on moneysupermarket does make all quotes higher. So, before i do a price comparison on car insurance what breakdown service do you recommend for me to research? In terms of service received, customer care and price?
thanks!

EldonAve Tue 03-Nov-09 16:51:56

look on moneysavingexpert - they list out the diff types of cover - some you claim back for call outs

Mutt Tue 03-Nov-09 16:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

overthemill Tue 03-Nov-09 18:44:53

thanks for these comments - i have looked at mse (always do!) but they are about to rewrite their car breakdown article so i wondered what all you moneysavvy mners do! cost is v important but as a woman travelling with kids a lot so is customer care and response times!

Mutt Tue 03-Nov-09 18:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EldonAve Tue 03-Nov-09 19:18:09

we have GEM - only called them once and it was quick and easy
not necessarily cheapest for car only but we needed motorbike cover too

Thandeka Sun 08-Nov-09 10:07:22

I am with Autonational rescue- http://www.autonational.co.uk/offers001.htm?campaign=google&kw=autonational+rescue

and I really rate them. Have called them out a few times for things like changing tyres (feeble woman who can't loosen nut emoticon) or when car won't start. One time they picked me up on a sunday from a breakdown on motorway about an hour away from home. Towed me home. Then picked me up again monday morning to drive me and car to garage as garage wasnt open sunday. They are great and pretty reasonable. £66 for 15 months initially.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: