Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Personal Tax Allowances

(3 Posts)
BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 25-Oct-09 10:55:32

I work but my husband is a SAHD. Can I claim his personal tax allowance and so earn more without getting taxed or is that not how it works?


scaryteacher Sun 25-Oct-09 12:25:13

No, you can't. Personal tax allowances are unfortunately not transferable, or otherwise all the SAHMs would be letting their dh's have theirs.

Best you can do is to make sure all savings are in accounts in his name only, and he then applies to have the interest paid gross (tax free).

Jacaqueen Sun 25-Oct-09 18:18:18

No you cant but I will vote for the first party to bring this in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now