Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Any advice on where I stand with house etc??

(5 Posts)
myweestars Wed 21-Oct-09 14:27:57

I've posted on ;relationship' page today too as getting advice on my abusive partner. Thought I would ask if anyone knew where I would stand legally if our mortgage is in joint names, we have 2 ds's, however, I can't go on how we are. My partner is verbally abusing me and is so arrogant, he lost it the other morning and threw me on to the bed with his hands round my throat in front of my 2 sons aged 3 and 1. I can't bring them up like this anymore and want him out the house. I was so close to going to the police on Tuesday morning and now wish I had. Any advice would be appreciated.

DLI Wed 21-Oct-09 17:27:18

go to see your solicitor who can apply for an Occupation Order ordering occupancy to you and kids and getting him to leave the property.

myweestars Thu 22-Oct-09 09:02:34

Thanks DLI.

I have not got a solicitor but will find one but can this be done even although there have been no witnesses apart from my 3 year old! I have tried to ask him to leave but he is having none of it. Happy for me and boys to leave though.

mrspnut Thu 22-Oct-09 09:04:44

You don't need a solicitor for an occupation order, contact your local county court with a family section for the forms needed.

Women's aid will be able to advise you and provide support to ensure yours and your children's safety.

myweestars Thu 22-Oct-09 09:56:42

Thanks Mrspnut, I'll do that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: