Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Complaint about unfair credit charges?

(5 Posts)
cori Sat 11-Jun-05 22:45:47

We have a credit card with First Direct, which we used to transfer a balance from a previous credit card to take advantage of the 0% interest deal. They have repeatedly charged us overlimit fees even though we have never used the credit card. On each occassion we have the fee refunded but they continue to make this mistake.
We are making a formal complaint to First Direct.
Is there some form of ombudsman that we complain to as well.?

Milliways Sat 11-Jun-05 22:48:25

Ombudsman will only listen AFTER you have formally complained to bank & got unsatisfactory response. When you write, ask for details of ombudsman - they HAVE to tell you, and will know you mean business.

Was the amount you tfr over the orig FD limit?

bubbaloo Sat 11-Jun-05 22:52:13

yes there is.

ive had my "abbey" accounts cloned(at the atm) and £1,500 stolen.to cut a long story short it happened in feb and abbey dont believe me and wont pay it back.
ive currently got the financial ombudsman involved and they're helping me to hopefully get it back.

their address is:financial ombudsman service
south quay plaza
183 marsh wall
london
e14 9sr.

they will deal with any finacial problems from banks,loans,pensions,mortgages etc... and are very helpful.

just going to look for a telephone number for you.

cori Sat 11-Jun-05 22:54:21

The only time the card actually went over the limit was when they charged us payment protection insurance ( we never signed up for it so it shouldnt have been added on in the first place), We pay at least the minimum monthly balance usually more each month, and have never used it for purchases. We have been charged this at least four times.

bubbaloo Sat 11-Jun-05 22:56:01

right...here it is 0845 080 1800.

milliways is quite right though.you have to try and resolve it with first direct first.
i know with abbey they had 6 weeks to reply to my complaint so i dont know if the time span is the same.i would ring the FO on monday and just ask them over the phone and see what they say.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now