Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

any insurers out there - need help with car insurance no claims issue - advice needed NOW

(5 Posts)
33k Mon 12-Oct-09 22:05:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 13-Oct-09 21:12:28

I used to work in insurance before I had my DC's, and at the time it was only if the ncb wasn't more than 2 years old. Maybe that has changed now, but the insurers will be few and far between.
I'm afraid you're just going to have to make lots of calls. It won't be something you can do over the internet.
If you have been on someone else's policy for the last 3 years, with no claims, some insurers will also accept a letter from the insurer stating this & they will give you a discount anyway.
Sorry I couldn't help more.

losingtheplotthisweek Tue 13-Oct-09 21:16:28

Have you been on another policy since then? eg.partners/parents? I believe that Norwich Union (cant remember what their new name is sorry!) and Provident would accept that. Is worth trying a local broker to see who they come up with and then searching for an online quote from the same insurer. Norwich Union used to also accept 3 yr old bonus, not sure if they still do.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 13-Oct-09 21:20:36

NU's new name is Aviva smile

33k Tue 13-Oct-09 22:10:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now