Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What ID do I need to withdraw £750??

(13 Posts)
flamesparrow Thu 09-Jun-05 11:50:07

I never actually withdraw money from the bank... its always cash machines.

I need to take out £750 today, but I don't know what ID I need to take with me to do it (I'm hoping they don't just hand it over with a bank card and a quick scribble from me???)

I'm with Barclays.. dunno if that makes a difference.

zebraZ Thu 09-Jun-05 11:51:17

Why not phone them?
I'd bring a passport or driving licence & bank statement. They probably won't even ask for those, though.

misdee Thu 09-Jun-05 11:51:33

photo driving liscence,/passport, and possibly something with your address on it. sometimes they ask. other times they dont.

lilaclotus Thu 09-Jun-05 11:52:40

maybe a recent bill with your address on would be good too...

flamesparrow Thu 09-Jun-05 11:54:57

Here lies more problems I hadn't thought of... passport has old surname still

If I phone then I'll be put through to a "help" line .

I might call in, find out, and then just go home and get the right stuff...

fairydust Thu 09-Jun-05 12:02:13

i've drawn more than that out of barclays and never been asked for I.D

expatinscotland Thu 09-Jun-05 12:03:25

I've always been okay w/a passport and a bill to my home address. My driving license is usually in my purse if they need to see that as well, and my bankcard.

misdee Thu 09-Jun-05 12:04:06

take marriage cert as well then. thats what i do as passport still not changed.

zebraZ Thu 09-Jun-05 12:05:02

oh god, don't go in with passport with an old surname on it. The grief Nationwide gave me for doing that. They practically accused me of identity theft!!

zebraZ Thu 09-Jun-05 12:05:23

(and yes, I had my marriage certificate with me, still not good enough)

nutcracker Thu 09-Jun-05 12:06:03

I withdrew £1000 from barclays and didn't need id, just gave them my card.

flamesparrow Thu 09-Jun-05 12:06:25


flamesparrow Thu 09-Jun-05 16:07:27

Was all ok - you need 2 forms of ID (one of which can be your debit card) for over £300... but because the nice lady put a note on the system when I changed my name last week, they let me use my old surname driving licence.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: