Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

warning about STERLING HOUSE and Credit Card fraud...

(6 Posts)
TheVillageIdiot Wed 08-Jun-05 09:10:52

Hi guys,

There is a website called Sterling House which sells bikes. I am not faulting them at all, they gave me really brilliant service HOWEVER a few months ago a payment came through on my creadit card that I knew I hadn't made...

It has taken a few months to sort out but it turns out that somehow Sterling House have somehow leaked Credit Card numbers and this 'erroneous' web payment was in fact to a 'fraud merchant'.

If you have used Sterling House for any purchases then please be extra vigilant when checking your credit card statements!

The payment on my statement was a web payment in Euro's.

Just to add, not slating Sterling House.

TheVillageIdiot Wed 08-Jun-05 11:32:35

Aimsmum Wed 08-Jun-05 11:35:47

Message withdrawn

TheVillageIdiot Wed 08-Jun-05 11:40:52

My payment was for a christmas present around November time but the fraudulant charge was only about 2 months or so ago

Aimsmum Wed 08-Jun-05 11:42:53

Message withdrawn

Branster Fri 10-Jun-05 21:46:32

Ha! That could actually be true.
We had two fraudulentt transactions and have been wrecking our brains trying to work it out!
We've used Sterling house twice since December, using a different card each time. May this year a fraudulent transaction happenned on each card, not UK transactions btw. It all makes sense now, because try as we may, we cannot think of any shop/outlet/take-away etc where we would have used different cards, so it had to be somwhere we used at least twice but with different cards (a debit and a credit card)
What a shame, i think Sterling house have great products at great prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now