Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

joint savings account

(6 Posts)
ilovesprouts Tue 29-Sep-09 18:49:17

hi my ds1 has a joint savings account with his grandama ,my mum,my son lived at my mums house [long story],wen he started work ,he put so much away to save for a rainy day,so fsat forward a few years ,he met a girl and they are going to become parents in may,so my mum thrown hinm out hmm,so he now wants his own money from the joint account ,and my mum will not give it to him as anyone got any advice ,by the way my son is 20 years old !and my mums stuck in a time warp so to speak hmm

Mousey84 Tue 29-Sep-09 19:09:13

Has she given any reason? Taking housekeep?

ilovesprouts Tue 29-Sep-09 21:29:15

no shes just been a funny sod ,she wants him at home stuck 24-7 to her apron strings iykwim

scaryteacher Wed 30-Sep-09 08:26:31

If it is a joint account and is accessible then he can take money out from it without her permission; that's the whole point of a joint a/c.

He needs to get the a/c no and the sort code, go into a branch of the bank with ID, and ask to withdraw his money. They can't refuse.

ilovesprouts Wed 30-Sep-09 15:36:57

my mum will not give him the account and sort code number !!

Mousey84 Wed 30-Sep-09 18:02:21

But wouldnt he have needed those details to lodge money?

I agree with scaryteacher, just get him to go down with photo ID and proof of address where he lived with your mum and say he moved and has temporarily misplaced bank details (if he doesnt know them) but needs to withdraw money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now