Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Education for women on money and finance

(4 Posts)
lisara Tue 29-Sep-09 12:23:55

Do you think women know enough about money and finance to be able to manage their affairs? Is there a need for more courses to help women?
I think too many women leave this stuff to men believing it too complicated/boring and then end up with no pension...

Iklboo Tue 29-Sep-09 12:26:14

How many of the supposed expert bankers that crashed the economy were women?

How many households usually have the woman dealing with the household budget?

I think you may be doing a disservice or underestimating how many women are in fact finance savvy

AnAuntieNotAMum Tue 29-Sep-09 12:33:53

Have seen this book recommended

www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Not-Enough-Smart-Womans/dp/0007235194/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=125422398 0&sr=1-1

Mousey84 Tue 29-Sep-09 12:58:46

I was about to recommend some things, but see you are an IFA lisara.

As a single parent, I have no choice but to manage my own finances (and in fact, I am considering a career as a financial advisor, but in very early stages at the minute)

I am self taught to an extent - reading books and websites. I do wish we had been taught more at school though. Im now doing an OU course in personal finance.

RE pensions, I think thats its partly because more women take time out from work for caring roles and may not return to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now