Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Question about car insurance

(6 Posts)
IdrisTheDragon Tue 29-Sep-09 10:51:25

DH and I both have cars. I have had one for longer and so have a full NCB, whereas DH hasn't and also I seem to end up crashing with his car and so he is back to zero.

I think his car is in a higher insurance bracket than mine, so is it possible to swop over the insurances so that one is under my name and vice versa? I do tend to drive "his" car more often than "mine" anyway.

IdrisTheDragon Tue 29-Sep-09 11:15:01


IdrisTheDragon Tue 29-Sep-09 18:32:42

Bump (hopefully not in the car)

claricebeansmum Tue 29-Sep-09 18:40:41

It is not the car that earns NCD it is the driver.

You can do this I think but will have to declare that you are not the registered owner or keeper.

blushingm Fri 02-Oct-09 13:15:36

yes you can do it no problem..........the only 'rule' is you can't use 1 no claims on 2 policies

cat64 Fri 02-Oct-09 13:41:44

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now