Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

entitled to website

(7 Posts)
readyfornumber2and3 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:36:53

those of you that have used the site did you find it accurate?

We were filling out our tax credits claim last night and dp entered our details to get an idea of what we should get and it said aswell as tax credits we could be entitled to council tax benefit and housing benefit.

We have just had twins and also have a 3 yo ds and live in a tiny 2 bed house but cant afford to move at the moment, if we got the housing benefit we could afford a place big enough though!

So is it worth applying?

TIA

ChopsTheDuck Tue 22-Sep-09 11:39:44

always found it very accurate, go ahead and apply!

readyfornumber2and3 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:41:10

oh brilliant thanks grin

dp doesnt think it can be true but I suppose we have nothing to lose from applying wink

OrangeFish Tue 22-Sep-09 11:43:00

I think it provides a rough average.

ChopsTheDuck Tue 22-Sep-09 11:44:29

My dp earns a reasonable bit and we still get a little HB, because we have 4 children and live in a high rent area. It all helps!

Good luck!

readyfornumber2and3 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:49:32

dp earns enough to cover all the bills but to get a bigger house would stretch us to the limit so any help would really make a difference to us.

Im off to download the forms now lol

onadietcokebreak Tue 22-Sep-09 23:27:39

Normally pretty good so make sure you apply.

The only time it gave me a way out calculation was when I put council tax in as £66 weekly not monthly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now