Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can anyone recommend aa debt management company who will sort my mum out and do it for her even if i have to pay?

(4 Posts)
fakeblondie Mon 21-Sep-09 10:16:37

Because i really haven`t the time to do it all for her, she is under a lot of pressure and i think she just wants to hand it all over to someone !

I can help her tiome is precious and apart from that i`m unwell myself at the moment .

She has the money but just hasn`t managed it v well and has missed payments for months and months !

Was turned down by cccs ( ? ) well they sent her all the letters ect to do it herself and she still didn`t .
Any advice most welcome .

MaryBS Mon 21-Sep-09 11:54:17

I would start here:

CAB

She needs to get back to CCCS. If she won't do it, will she go into a CAB office to do it?

At the bottom of that CAB is a whole list of organisations. I wouldn't pay anyone to do it.

Tortington Mon 21-Sep-09 11:59:34

yeah its like this.

SHE needs to make the effort.

as sugsted - she needs to go to CAB - or visit there website in the first nstance. they have a lot of material you can download and print off.

i think someone ought to tell her to pull her socks up and get down to CAB.

thre is nothing easy about debt consolodation.

one company manages all your debt and takes a shitload of interest and fees

LG1000 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:51:23

If your mum needs a bit of help / encouragement in filling out the forms etc. I suggest a not for profit organisation might be the best way forward as they are likely to be a bit more holistic in thier approach. I would certainly not pay anyone for it.

Christians Against Poverty (CAP) are brilliant and you don't need to be of any particular faith to access their services. They usually work out of local churches, so there is likely to be a branch near your mum.

A friend of mine is in the process of paying off debts of over 30k through CAP and is doing really well. They took all the pressure of dealing with debt collectors from her, made sure the agreed payments are being made regularly and helped her with bugeting. She is now over half way there with a realistic budget which still allows her enough money to live, go on holiday, buy occassional treats etc.

Their web site is www.capuk.org

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now