Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can you make a formal complaint to the tax office?

(6 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Sun 05-Jun-05 14:00:51

and if so who do you send the letter to?

Mud Sun 05-Jun-05 14:05:13

I'm sure you can but bet you won't get any satisfaction because IR are a law unto themselves

Mud Sun 05-Jun-05 14:10:32

does this help?

SenoraPostrophe Sun 05-Jun-05 14:23:48

thanks mud. Should have looked at the IR website myself but assumed there would be nothing. DH has been told before at a tribunal that the IR "do not make mistakes"

ladymuck Sun 05-Jun-05 19:43:14

Are you unhappy with the way they have managed your case, or are you unhappy with the way they have interpreted the law? If the latter then it is not strictly a complaint, but you may need to formally appeal their decision.

janinlondon Mon 06-Jun-05 10:39:01

Oh but they do make mistakes, and whats more they admit them sometimes - I have a letter as proof. Of course it doesn't actually apologise.........but it does admit they were "in error". Take heart!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: