Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone else being chased for a debt you dont owe????

(6 Posts)
LauraIngallsWilder Mon 07-Sep-09 18:07:58

Letter received today

From S R J Debt Recoveries

No detail about what the debt actually is

I dont have any debts but this is bothering me!!!!

I have googled the company, loads of discussions on money forums raving that this company hound people for debts they dont know..............

Im not sure what to do now!
Has anyone else had this problem?

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 07-Sep-09 18:09:48

Sorry if I dont reply straight away - its tea time on the prairie

jellybeans Mon 07-Sep-09 18:10:45

I get daily phone calls from various debt companies and tell them all the guy they ask for doesn't live here and is not known to us but they still ring. Drives me mad but am so used to it now!

MaggieVirgo Mon 07-Sep-09 18:12:43

don't respond to it.

ESpecially if your name is a common name. If a Julie Ryan owes ten grand and they are sending out a hundred letters to all the Julie Ryans then if ONE replies to say, I don't OWE YOU any money, then they'll channel all their efforts into you.

So I've heard.

idobelieveinfairies Mon 07-Sep-09 18:14:51

I got a letter on Saturday saying i owed money on a Santander card (that i do not own!)..i phoned them and they said a batch of letters were sent out by mistake hmm and i won't be getting anymore correspondence from them.

We shall see!

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 07-Sep-09 19:26:28

Thanks all - thats the advice I was hoping for

Just ignore it
Because if I contact them - they will then have my phone number to hound me with
If I email them - they will hound me with emails

I will ignore ignore ignore
And hope they dont send bailiffs round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now