Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

You know that £200 you get off the government for being pregnant ........................

(7 Posts)
mosschops30 Wed 02-Sep-09 11:05:35

well a few questions about it:

Is it means tested?
How long does it take to come through?
Can I get the form from anywhere other than MW. Am now 30 weeks and not seeing her again for four weeks?

TIA smile

chocolaterabbit Wed 02-Sep-09 11:10:26

It isn't means tested and mine came through within 2 weeks.

It does have to be completed by the MW or GP though so it might be worth seeing if you can arrange to pop in or have a seperate appointment.

pasturesnew Wed 02-Sep-09 11:12:10

It's £190, it's not means-tested, it's called the Health in Pregnancy grant, you can only get the form off your midwife or doctor I'm afraid, it gets paid into your bank account and only took a week for me I think.

There is more info here

HTH

Trikken Wed 02-Sep-09 11:16:00

only took a week to come through for mine too, so pretty quick I would say!

mosschops30 Wed 02-Sep-09 11:21:21

many thanks smile

Maybe I will ask her to leave me one out, it seems a waste of an appointment for someone else otherwise.
Although if it only takes a week then I might just wait for next appointment

BexieID Wed 02-Sep-09 11:23:33

I don't see my midwife again till i'm 28 weeks on the 2nd October. Just need to remember to ask for it!

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 02-Sep-09 11:24:58

Can you give the MW a call, ask her to pop the form through the door for you? She needs to sign it to confirm you're PG,

Took about 3 weeks for mine to come, paid straight into the bank.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now