Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Short term insurance til we move to new house?

(7 Posts)
RubyBlueberry Tue 01-Sep-09 17:01:25

Anybody know where or who I could approach to get short term house contents insurance on our rented house til we move into our own home on 17th Sep ?

We need to be covered for about 3 weeks, our current insurer won't extend our insurance sadly!!

lynniep Tue 01-Sep-09 17:17:16

Sorry I dont know - all I can suggest is to try to find somewhere with a decent cancellation period so you can take out a policy then cancel it at the end of that period but be refunded the premium.

RubyBlueberry Tue 01-Sep-09 18:09:34

Thanks lynniep, I was thinking that too, but wodering if they would charge some massive cancellation penalties!!

lynniep Tue 01-Sep-09 18:35:27

I dont know - I think you'll just need to read the small print carefully. I couldnt find anywhere that did short term insurance for tenants (you could try ringing somewhere like endsleigh and asking - its not apparent on their website though)

RubyBlueberry Tue 01-Sep-09 18:42:38

Yes I will have to bite the bullet won't I!!- I was being lazy and didn't want to pick up the phone wink

RubyBlueberry Tue 01-Sep-09 20:52:12

Well Endsleigh, Swinton, L&G and LV so far won't do it, so I'll keep looking.

RubyBlueberry Wed 02-Sep-09 22:14:21

Direct Line - by far the cheapest AND a 21 day cancellation policy. Thanks very much, that'll do nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now