Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Financial advice regarding seperation

(4 Posts)
hippysmum Tue 01-Sep-09 14:41:33

I want to seperate from dh, this has been a hard decision to make. Things have been bad for a long time but I want to know how I will manage financially. I doubt he will be much help in that department. We currently rent our house and have 3 children together. I do not currently work.

What benefits would I be entitled to until I can get a job?


Wigeon Tue 01-Sep-09 19:52:11

Haven't used this myself, but have heard others on here talk about it:Entitled To website.

Mousey84 Tue 01-Sep-09 21:36:29

Im sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time.

Entitledto is ok, but Id advise going to the jobs and benefits office and discussing with someone face to face. You may be able to get things moving, application-wise, there and then.

hippysmum Wed 02-Sep-09 07:36:26

Ok thanks, I will have a look at that and will make an appointment too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: