Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

is there a local phone number for tax credits?

(5 Posts)
chocohead Tue 01-Sep-09 11:40:53

I am sure i have seen one before on here but cannot find it. I have tried calling them twice on the 0845 number only to get so far and be told they are to bus for my call, how annoying angry

Anyone have this number ?

thanks

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 01-Sep-09 11:42:06

do a google for saynoto0870 and search on there

NinjaRain Tue 01-Sep-09 11:43:21

Nope afraid not. It all has to go through their central phone system. At least you have been told their busy. They are just kicking my calls out of the system at the mo. Its very very annoying.

<disclaimer -this was info given when contact local Jobcenter about problems with the IS line as well as tax credit line. they emailed IS on my behalf to get them to ring back but said it all needs to go through all main nos. hence it could be wrong>

chocohead Tue 01-Sep-09 11:49:27

thankyou, it is so frustrating they want you to inform them of changes, if you don't you will owe them money , if you try to tell them you pay out money on the phone calls !! typical for HMRC.

NinjaRain Tue 01-Sep-09 12:07:08

Thank you for the sayno advice I have just found a loop hole to the student fiance number crap. I called someone else entirely. no a happy bunny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now