Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Parcels been lost in post

(22 Posts)
poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 19:21:57

Can anyone help, returned some shoes to a very large internet shoe company, three boxes of shoes. The company say that they haven't received them, I used their postage labels so I didn't pay any postage for them, what can I do ?

Did initially pay an extra postage 99p for each pair of shoes which cover postage insurance with the shoe company ?

Can't afford to loose £100, any help and advice appreciated.

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:25:46

eek, no idea, poppy - presumably since you used their labels you didn't get a proof of posting receipt at the PO? How long ago did you post them?

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 19:26:49

Did get a free certificate proof of posting ? Does that cover me ? Posted them on the 18th May

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:28:39

Well it should do - one of those printed-off things with first line of address and postcode on? I'm sure it covers you a bit but I will go check, hang on.

vickiyumyum Tue 31-May-05 19:32:06

if you used there return labels they should chase this up with the post office/courier.

if you paid for the postage you can get a claim form from the post office and they will look into it for you, however be warned unless you paid for recorded delivery you may not get all of your money back. this happened to me sent £80 or £90 worth of t-shirts back to an internet company, didn't have enough cash on me to pay for recorded delivery so just sent them 1st class. they never turned up at the company, sent one of these forms to post office and got a partial refund but it was still a long way from the amount that i was out.
have learnt my lesson and always send recorded delivery or get proof of posting.

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:32:37

<<What happens if your mail is lost?
If your mail gets lost, we’ll give you a minimum compensation of 12 First Class stamps. However, if there was something of value in your mail, we’ll refund you the market price, up to a maximum of £30. Please apply for this within 12 months.
When you send your standard parcel, you can choose to pay for extra compensation of up to £100, £250 or £500.

If you’d like to claim for late or lost Standard Parcels, you can do so here>>

late or lost mail page

Did you get 3 separate certs? Only £30 otherwise

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 19:34:02

Well I paid the extra 99p per shoe order when I placed the order on shoe-shop.com so I think that I would be covered, for the 99p per order they send you through a returns label that you stick on to send back. I did get a free certificate of posting as well from the post office to show proof that I posted back.
So I assume that I don't have to chase up but just send this proof back to shoe-shop and that they will chase up and refund me ??

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 19:35:21

No I sent one pair of shoes back one day and obtained a certificate. Then the next day I sent back the other two pairs and asked for two certificates but the post office lady only gave me one certificate but did write on the label that I had posted two parcels.

vickiyumyum Tue 31-May-05 19:36:56

if i was you i would send a photocopy of the proof of posting to the shoe company and not the origional as that may go missing as well.

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 19:39:53

I did think about that, will tell them this tomorrow when I speak to them in person.

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:40:55

Which company is it, poppy?

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:41:21

Oh, sorry, shoe-shop.com, just spotted that

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 19:44:13

Have had problems with them before, last time it was about the sizing of their shoes, I take a size 2 but found that the shoes that I have ordered previously fitted my mums feet a size 4. Queried their sizing policy, but they didn't really care. Wasn't going to use their company again after that but this time ordered shoes for my husband and found that three pairs of them didn't fit. Stupid really, still cant find reasonably priced shoes in my size ?

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:54:24

smallshoe.co.uk

(From google, not used, no recommendation!)

Will look for more...

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:57:04

small-shoes

Janh Tue 31-May-05 19:57:52

shoes.co (large and small)

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 20:00:06

Thanks

Janh Tue 31-May-05 20:00:52

feetforlife (links for small and large feet)

poppy101 Tue 31-May-05 20:01:27

I think that I am going to give up on buying products from the internet and learn my lesson and just buy from the shop, will just have to travel to find the item I need, I think !!

Janh Tue 31-May-05 20:01:41

Will stop now

(I am an 8½ so very envious of your dainty feet )

poppy101 Sat 04-Jun-05 19:42:31

Just to let all that offered advice.

The company managed to send through confirmation to me that the parcels had arrived. I couldn't believe how long it took to get there !! or they were sitting somewhere in the warehouse for ages before someone opened them.

Oh well, all sorted. :0

poppy101 Sat 04-Jun-05 19:42:50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now