Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help - just paid £349 for a pine chest of drawers and seen it online for £260

(9 Posts)
zookeeper Sat 29-Aug-09 13:51:05

I've just paid £349 for a chest of drawers on my credit card and seen exactly the same one online for £260.

Am I right in thinking that the shop has no obligation to offer me a refund? The drawers are due to be delivered on Tuesday

noddyholder Sat 29-Aug-09 13:52:07

I would give it a good go that is a huge difference!Which shop is it?

zookeeper Sat 29-Aug-09 13:52:48

It's a local posh pine shop

Corporalcornsillk Sat 29-Aug-09 13:53:24

You can ask. Or try to cancel/return the order.

noddyholder Sat 29-Aug-09 13:54:17

Ring them and be honest they may price match for you.It is a massive difference and a bit cheeky.Otherwise cancel the order

minervaitalica Sat 29-Aug-09 14:35:18

Some shops will refund the difference - others won't. However, some credit cards sometimes give you a refund in your circumstances (I had that with my platinum barclaycard, as long as it was not a special sale or something).

But what is the shop's policy for returning items?

DaisymooSteiner Sat 29-Aug-09 17:41:42

Don't distance selling regulations state that you can cancel at any time up to 10 days after delivery of the goods?

DaisymooSteiner Sat 29-Aug-09 17:42:17

Oops, might have misunderstood, did you buy them in a 'normal' shop and ask for them to be delivered?

zookeeper Sat 29-Aug-09 21:11:48

thank you for your suggestions - I phoned the shop, referred them to the website, they said they will check that it is exactly the same as "it may be a cheap imitation" and get back to me.

Which is a result of sorts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now