Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Benefit

(14 Posts)
Doobydoo Fri 28-Aug-09 21:49:20

Silly Question BUT

Anyone have an idea when child benefit payments go in to account.I should know this but we have returned to UK from Ireland recently and cannot remember if there is a set date or if it varies.
Thankyousmile

sparkle09 Fri 28-Aug-09 22:43:04

its every 4 weeks, but actual week varies. i think its always on a tuesday, but dont quote me on that. hope this helps xxxx

Linnet Sat 29-Aug-09 00:22:25

I get mine every 4 weeks, my brother gets his every week, not sure why though, I think it might be because he's a single parent.

sparkle09 Sat 29-Aug-09 00:23:37

people on benefits get it weekly. if you work you have to get it monthly, x

BertieBotts Sat 29-Aug-09 00:29:44

Yep it's every 4 weeks on a Tuesday. It starts when you apply I think so the 4-week date will come from then.

Linnet Sat 29-Aug-09 00:30:31

He works full time, oh well, who knows.
Oh yes and mine is paid on a Tuesday as well.

sparkle09 Sat 29-Aug-09 00:32:15

linnet - has he or his ex ever on benefits? because once you are on weekly pay you can stay on it. x

MermaidSpam Sat 29-Aug-09 00:32:55

Mine is every 4 weeks on a Saturday

sparkle09 Sat 29-Aug-09 00:34:23

mermaid - is that definatly child ben or child tax credits? x

MermaidSpam Sat 29-Aug-09 00:37:37

Both, tax credits £42 ish, then chb £80 the following week (both on Saturdays)

MermaidSpam Sat 29-Aug-09 00:44:45

USed to work for Child Benefit and, if my memory serves me rightly, you used to receive CHB (by a book at the post office) you got it on a Monday or a Tuesday. (Saturday payments exist for bank transfer payments so it could be in your bank for the Monday). HTH

purpleflower Sat 29-Aug-09 00:48:34

A bit of a hijack but has anyone got any experience of changing the Child Benefit into a different name? I'm trying to get it changed from XDPs name into mine but they said it can take 8 weeks and I can't get any other benefits until it is changed. Does it normally take the maximum time?

Doobydoo Sat 29-Aug-09 09:49:28

Hi all ,thanks for replies.Our child benefit is being back dated 5 months[when we returned to UK]just wondered when it would be in...will wait and see!smile

easymover Sat 29-Aug-09 17:49:11

I get mine weekly.Its paid into the bank on sturday but not due til the monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now