Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Phone/broadband packages

(9 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 26-Aug-09 17:46:55

Please tell me about yours, don't want a TV package, but could be persuaded if the price is right.

perdu Wed 26-Aug-09 17:50:06

We went with AOL as broadband already with them and couldn't cope with moving internet provider.

So....we have got internet and free UK landline calls all day every day (except some premium nos) for £15.99 (I think) a month. Will check that with DH in a mo...very easy changeover and no problems at all.

perdu Wed 26-Aug-09 17:51:24

oh....and still have to pay BT for the line rental, think that is standard though.

Why not check out Money Supermarket and compare providers. Or USwitch (???)

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 26-Aug-09 18:11:19

We are with AOL for both as well, they took £60 last month, hence wanting to change, might get DH to phone up and actually check what we have to pay for again.

perdu Wed 26-Aug-09 20:03:37

yes do.

DH called them and went through it with a lovely man in India. DH has just told me that last month we paid £14.06 for our internet and phone calls. Dunno what happens about a bill for calls to mobiles etc???

I am sure they gave us something free for the first month, might even have been the whole lot free. Sorry being vague. It is all very dull isn't it? However, I am sure you can cut your £60 down quite easily.

PleaseMrsButler Wed 26-Aug-09 20:11:08

We have it seperately.

We pay BT for our phone...although I am sure we could probably get a better deal elsewhere.

We are with O2 for broadband...and they have been fab. Connection is great - we switched from AOl because connection speed and drop out frequency just got hideous when we were migrated to the CPW server.

O2 customer service is UK based - although having said that we have never needed to call them. We pay £7.50 per month (£12.50 if you have no O2 mobile). Which makes our monthly bill - including line rental £22.50. We paid £45 for BT over the last quarter - although make very few calls. Switching over was a doddle. They send a router and a CD. You slap your CD in your machine and follow the very easy instructions.

Goober Wed 26-Aug-09 20:15:23

£23 a month for BB and phone with (bad, bad, bad) BT.

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 26-Aug-09 20:17:31

I was looking at BT Goober will call them on Friday.

Thanks all for your help.

Goober Wed 26-Aug-09 20:22:47

Got free hub and first 3 months at £19.

We were using the BT Post office payment card at £20 a month just for phone and £15 to Orange for BB on top. They charge you to use the payment card and for a paper bill, have cancelled the bill, see it online now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now