Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Halifax fixed rate coming to an end - will we have any say on new deal with very poor credit history

(6 Posts)
shamefulx Wed 26-Aug-09 14:23:34

We`ve never missed a mortgage payment and our 5 year fixed is coming to an end.
I am totally irresponsible with money and have several defaults on 3 credit cards.
I can afford my payments but - well i wont go into it but always paid my mortgage and council tax and energy bills .
I`d like a further advance of about 40,000-10 to clear my credit cards and 30, 000 for a small extension ?
Shoukd i just wait 6 years for the lot to clear off my history or would the bank advance me the loan which i can afford but my credit check will be dire ? Cheers x

shamefulx Wed 26-Aug-09 14:24:23

Yes i know i should just apply but i just hate rejection !

skihorse Wed 26-Aug-09 15:11:26

It's very unlikely that they'll advance any more money given the fact you already have defaults - their reasoning is likely to be that if you can't make regular payments on the cards - you'd be unlikely to make the increased mortgage payment.

shamefulx Wed 26-Aug-09 20:51:54

Yes but we already made increased payments for 5 years and have lots of disposable income ?

pregnantpeppa Wed 26-Aug-09 20:58:30

They might not credit check you if you stay with your existing lender - worth checking to see.

shamefulx Thu 27-Aug-09 17:55:14

Will do that would be great .Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now