Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Opening a new bank account - without a job?

(7 Posts)
changer22 Sun 23-Aug-09 10:23:43

I'd like to open a new account to keep track of my ebay sales (and purchases!) but I don't work.

Does anyone know if there is an account out there that will allow me to do this?

I will only require a cashpoint card.

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 23-Aug-09 11:38:45

If you need a separate account for ebay sales, I presume you're selling as a business. Banks usually offer accounts for s/e people at good rates.

terramum Sun 23-Aug-09 11:42:03

Is it for a business or just personal stuff? If the former then you'll need a business account...but for the latter then a simple cash account will probably do. You won't get a chequebook but should get a cash card that will allow you to get cash at your banks machines only.

changer22 Sun 23-Aug-09 13:30:39

No, not a business. Just the children's things, pushchairs, cots, etc.

I could just go into my local bank but I wondered if anyone had an online account.

easymover Sun 23-Aug-09 14:46:49

Natwest do a step up account.This gives you a cash/debit card.You can't go over drawn and can set up an account for on line use.

MegSophandEmma Sun 23-Aug-09 14:59:50

Yorkshire Bank do a ready cash account. You will get a debit card and online banking facilities. You don't need to be working to open this account.

Fab bank also.

changer22 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:21:11

Thanks for your replies.

I like the idea of supporting a smaller bank so I'll give Yorkshire Bank a call in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now