Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Opening a new bank account - without a job?

(7 Posts)
changer22 Sun 23-Aug-09 10:23:43

I'd like to open a new account to keep track of my ebay sales (and purchases!) but I don't work.

Does anyone know if there is an account out there that will allow me to do this?

I will only require a cashpoint card.

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 23-Aug-09 11:38:45

If you need a separate account for ebay sales, I presume you're selling as a business. Banks usually offer accounts for s/e people at good rates.

terramum Sun 23-Aug-09 11:42:03

Is it for a business or just personal stuff? If the former then you'll need a business account...but for the latter then a simple cash account will probably do. You won't get a chequebook but should get a cash card that will allow you to get cash at your banks machines only.

changer22 Sun 23-Aug-09 13:30:39

No, not a business. Just the children's things, pushchairs, cots, etc.

I could just go into my local bank but I wondered if anyone had an online account.

easymover Sun 23-Aug-09 14:46:49

Natwest do a step up account.This gives you a cash/debit card.You can't go over drawn and can set up an account for on line use.

MegSophandEmma Sun 23-Aug-09 14:59:50

Yorkshire Bank do a ready cash account. You will get a debit card and online banking facilities. You don't need to be working to open this account.

Fab bank also.

changer22 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:21:11

Thanks for your replies.

I like the idea of supporting a smaller bank so I'll give Yorkshire Bank a call in the morning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: