Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How long should a tax credit application take?

(6 Posts)
PrammyMammy Wed 19-Aug-09 14:28:20

Does anyone know?
I had to reapply due to change in circumstance and called on the 26th of May to update. They informed me that i would have to reapply and would send me an application form within ten days, but would stop my claim there and then. So i got the application and returned it straight away, I posted it on the 16th June.
DP works 16 hours pw and i work 21, but am on mat leave so bringing in less than usual. My wage comes in and goes straight out on rent and council tax, dp's cover the other bills and food, leaving us with 20pound pw to live on, so it is getting hard.
I have called lots, dp called yesterday and the man he spoke to said we will be backdated up to 3 months, which is coming up. He said there is nothing wrong with the application, that they are just behind on claims and that he will speak to a manager to see if it can be sped up.
I am due to give birth in 3 weeks and this is getting stressful! Does anyone know how long these things usually take?
Dp worked 40 hours and was cut down due to there not being enough work at his company so we are really struggling with the difference.
Thanksx

shhhh Wed 19-Aug-09 14:53:09

PM,sorry to jump in here, just read your request for maternity funneral clothing...I have left a message on your thread x

PrammyMammy Wed 19-Aug-09 15:12:58

i replied. x

potplant Wed 19-Aug-09 15:18:10

Just what you need with 3 weeks to go..

I called with a change of details on 3rd August and got my notification in the post today.

My advice is to keep calling get the name of someone and then pester them until they do something about it.

PrammyMammy Wed 19-Aug-09 15:51:42

Really? I've had nothing at all in the post from them. Nothing except the application form! That is why i called at first to make sure they had received it. They told me 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 8 weeks. Now it is over 8 weeks and i feel i am getting nowhere. It is a different person i speak to everytime i call.

Doobydoo Sat 22-Aug-09 21:42:43

Ours has taken 20 weeks so far...which is why we contacted our local MP...We kept getting fobbed off and talked to different people each time...nightmare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now