Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone received a letter from tax credits review team?

(8 Posts)
mummytopebs Wed 19-Aug-09 12:48:13

Came in the post this morning asking me to ring to confirm details! I filled my review form in April and now they have sent a letter from the review team! I am worried now that they will take money off me

Mousey84 Wed 19-Aug-09 12:53:03

I havent got one, but as long as you have always kept them up to date with your circumstances then you shouldnt have cause for concern.

mumandlovingit Sat 29-Aug-09 07:38:30

dont worry, i got one a few weeks after i did my review pack.you just have to confirm the details you gave on the review pack.its something to do with people checking what the review people have entered or something like that.

i panicked too but its nothing to worry about.just give them the same details as you gave in April if things are still the same.have a good weekend

mummytopebs Mon 31-Aug-09 09:47:07

I rang up the day the letter came and they were busy so left a message on there answerphone with my name and number but no one rang back!! Will be ringing up next week anyway cos dd goes to school so no more childcare to pay yey

peppapighastakenovermylife Mon 31-Aug-09 18:12:22

We did - and I panicked. Then I rang, couldnt get through, left message, they called back, I missed it, called them back, left message...

Eventually spoke to someone who just wanted to confirm my details were right...erm yes. I asked what it was all about and its something they are trialling this year or something to try and get people to keep their records updated (everyone I know who has had problems it has been TC fault not theirs).

Anyway, he said everyone who rang was terrified they had done something wrong and how it was taking up so much time...they are so busy they cant answer the phone so then have to go through all the messages which takes longer...hmm

He sounded really fed up.

It is most probably just this stupid check thing.

Ditsydoris Sat 05-Sep-09 12:58:50

I too received one yesterday and havent stopped worrying since. I called them last week to change my bank details and the the person I spoke with kept keeping me on hold saying sorry to keep you and kept uming and arghing which made me think she had found something wrong. Now after this letter turning me up Im really scared.
It says "We want to improve the service we give you and make sure you get the money you are due. To enable us to do this we need to make sure that we have the right information about your current circumstances because we work out your tax credits based on those details. If any of the details we hold for you are incorrect:

you may not get all the money you are entitled to, or
you may build up an overpayment that you have to pay back.

Please call us between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday"

Can anyone on here that they have received this letter and ended up paying back money?

Many Thanks

saltcod Mon 21-Sep-09 00:29:37

Hi, I had one - it's not designed to catch you out or anything - it's just a repeat of what you told them when you renewed. I was asked to confirm my childcare costs, income etc. My tax credits then remained exactly the same as they had been previously.

I was really worried too but it was needless... best to get it over & done with

muffintop Tue 29-Sep-09 13:39:08

I too had a letter and rang them up but unfortunately for me they said I had been overclaiming since my son started school and that I had claimed too many weeks for childcare - I claimed for all the holidays I thought I was allowed but they reckon it is too many and have sent my details to the overpayments department. I am still waiting to hear from them but they have already taken £30 a week off me without notifying me by letter - I am really worried about it as it was genuine error on my part.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now