Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

how long between going to court and sentancing???

(9 Posts)
sparklymieow Fri 27-May-05 09:31:59

After having huge problems with my neighbours I have found out that he is going back to prison soon, how long is it between court hearing or being charged and sentancing?? Just would like to know when I can relax again....

marialuisa Fri 27-May-05 09:40:23

In a case we're involved with it's a month between the guilty verdict and sentencing. In this case there has to be medical reports etc. as there is a chance of a jail sentence but it isn't mandatory.

HTH

sparklymieow Fri 27-May-05 09:43:07

I have been reading in the local papers that a lot of cases are taking about a year, from charging to sentancing, just worried that we will have to wait a year. Not sure if he has been to court yet, so hoping his court date comes soon and he gets sentanced straight away.

ggglimpopo Fri 27-May-05 09:58:25

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Fri 27-May-05 10:13:16

People keep saying 'he is goimg back inside soon' how long is soon, A month, 2 months, next week???!!!!! feels like my life is on hold till he is back inside..........

cod Fri 27-May-05 10:17:12

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Fri 27-May-05 10:21:55

so it could be soon then, I am not sure if he has been to court yet. I know he got charged with GBH or ABH, he attacked a bloke with his two brothers and really hurt him, put him in hospital. He has only been out of prison about a year (got done for GBH, threatening behaviour, breaking and entering and some other stuff) He will get a prison sentance this time won't he???

marialuisa Fri 27-May-05 10:50:49

If he's not been to court it could be a while in the case we know about it has taken 3.5 years between arrest and guilty verdict but the guy involved messed around a lot and had the case delayed on health grounds numerous times. Also defence fought over admissibilty of some evidence, but "your" case sounds more starightforward!

cod Sun 29-May-05 10:46:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now