Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

ATM question.

(5 Posts)

I have £320 in my bank account and also a £600 overdraft that I've never used.

ATM screen says that there is £320 in my accound and that the maximum withdrawal allowed is £320. Does that mean I can't use my overdraft or would it let me take more than that if needed?

I'm going on holiday tomorrow and some money I was expecting now isn't going to turn up till Thursday!

mosschops30 Fri 14-Aug-09 17:19:35

Probably because you can only withdraw a maximum amount per day.
Youd probably find that you could draw £320 tonight, then same again in the morning.
My limit is £250 per day but think it varies from bank to bank

BigGobMum Fri 14-Aug-09 17:31:36

I know many accounts have a maximum withdrawal amount each day but these are always a round figure - £200, £250, £300 etc never an odd amount like £320.

I don't think it is that MossChops 'cos last night I had £335 in my account and it said that max withdrawal was £335. I was just wondering if they don't include the overdraft on amount allowed?

Itsjustafleshwound Fri 14-Aug-09 17:33:22

If you have the stamina, I would give your bank's 'helpline' a call to clarify ...

Sounds as if the o/d facility is not available - I think they can reserve the right to withdraw it if it isn't used ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now