Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Another 10 days at least until jsa is processed :(

(5 Posts)
magnolia74 Fri 14-Aug-09 15:41:42

Dh lost his job on 23rd july. Even though he aims to get another job asap I insisted he claim jsa for now. Had the telephone interview on 24th and follow up appt 29th.

Phoned them today as he has signed on twice but still no letter, money or anything.

Been told they are behind and it won't be processed for at least another 10 days and not to expect money until early september sad

We are entitled to housing and council tax benefit but they won't sort that until Jsa is processed so getting further and further behind with the rent.
I have phoned the Housing Assosiation and explained so hopefully they won't take action at the moment....

Only option is a crisis loan to keep us going but I feel like I'm begging and don't want to do it sad

Sometimes feel like its crap to pay taxes for years and when you do need some help its so hard to get it hmm

Dh keeps insisting it will all work out he will have a job sorted asap but its not that easy at the moment (he has already been turned down for 2 sad)

waitingforgodot Fri 14-Aug-09 20:49:23

make sure you phone tax credits people and update them too. I would call the DWP back and say this is ridiculous and you really need the money now as you have bills to pay.

whyme2 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:01:00

Make a fuss - they can do it. They did for us when they said we had to wait. I think once they start processing our claim you can clain the other stuff.
Good luck - it is an awful postion to be in andI hope things get better for you and dh.

magnolia74 Sat 15-Aug-09 10:58:14

Have kicked up a fuss and they won't budge sad looks like crisis loan is the only way for now.
have phone tax credits but payments only gone up by £25!

swallowedAfly Sat 15-Aug-09 11:09:07

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now