Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Scam on pushchair board?

(4 Posts)
thereisalight Wed 12-Aug-09 12:40:13

Two of us bought buggies from another mumsnetter on the pushchair board, it's the first time i'd bought from her but i'd been reading it for a while and saw that she was buying and selling regularly and seemed reliable.
It was quite a lot of money (over 200 pounds) and i paid by bank transfer (i know, silly).
Our buggies have not arrived, it has been a few weeks. She says her daughter has been ill and i've been giving her the benefit of the doubt. Now she has said mine has been sent (on friday) but she won't give a tracking no, ignores all texts, calls, emails. I've called DHL and parcelforce and nothing is on its way to me. I called the police this morning for advice, I am to give her 7 more days then go and make a statement.
But lets be realistic here...am i ever going to see my pushchair or money? I have been understanding about her daughter being ill but why lie and say you've sent it?
WWYD?

mumoverseas Wed 12-Aug-09 18:24:16

have you contacted MNHQ? I'm sure they would want to know if there was genuine fraud going on on here

OnlyWantsOne Wed 12-Aug-09 18:25:21

contact MNHQ

crap situation - poor you

LuluMaman Wed 12-Aug-09 18:27:08

you need to report the situation to MNHQ

is there a feedback board on teh buy/sell section? it might be worth doing a search and seeing if anyone else is in the same boat

i am really sorry. i hope this is resolved

hopefuylly if it is a regular mumsnetter, then she will sort it out and has just been distracted by her DD being ill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now