Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

overdraft

(10 Posts)
everythingistaken Tue 11-Aug-09 22:54:49

quick question, anyone know what is the overdraft limit on a current plus account??

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 11-Aug-09 22:56:49

They vary, it depends on your bank and how much they say you can borrow.

everythingistaken Tue 11-Aug-09 23:06:45

they are not very helpful, i asked what is the limit and he said their isnt one??? what does that mean?? their has to be be one surely??? how don't they know??? sorry for so many questions.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 11-Aug-09 23:09:36

smile It's OK.
They look at alot of things so it's individual to you, how well you manage your account is the main one.

I remember your other thread. Have things not changed? Have you tried the CAB? family?

everythingistaken Tue 11-Aug-09 23:23:53

smile well i have put in a formal complaint and its a matter of "we will be in touch". never went to the CAB seems impossible to get an appointment with them these days.

everythingistaken Tue 11-Aug-09 23:29:45

i preffer the details to be written down, my application was done over the phone as my bank kept asking everytime i went in to upgrade, so i probly won't even use the overdraft i just like to no where i am, whats going out, my dates of direct debits etc... if you know what i mean. you don't get charged for the overdraft if you dont use it do you??

everythingistaken Tue 11-Aug-09 23:30:51

sorry i'm really thick when it comes to things like thishmm

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 11-Aug-09 23:32:17

Nope, they shouldn't charge you. Life's tough for alot of families at the moment, the CAB always pick up the pieces as much as they can.
Have you contacted the tax credit folk now your cicumstances have changed?

everythingistaken Tue 11-Aug-09 23:58:26

yes i've done all thatsmile going to have to get an restraining order if he keeps all this up, have had lots of problems with him, he doesnt seem to be going anywhere fast.
thankyou for your help fluffybunnysmile

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Wed 12-Aug-09 00:00:19

It's OK. Life's tough sometimes, it gets better though.

The CAB are more likely to give you an appointment if you have children, they also have a telephone advice line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now