Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

anyone know about EU safety standards on cots?

(4 Posts)
DebInAustria Tue 11-Aug-09 10:11:18

anyone know anything about safety standards on cots? When we got ds3 (aged 13 months) up this afternoon one of the spindles/bars on his cot has sheared in 2 , the top half had come out and was on the floor, leaving the other half sticking up with a really sharp point. He was fine but what might have happened doesn't bear thinking about. I bought it last June and have my receipt, in the UK I'd have been able to fight my case, but here I need a bit more ammunition I think.Thanks

LIZS Tue 11-Aug-09 10:18:38

Does it have a label quoting the relevant EU legislation reference or TUV approved?

DebInAustria Tue 11-Aug-09 13:08:32

I'll go and have a look Liz

DebInAustria Tue 11-Aug-09 13:14:50

No, I can't see anything on it, it might have said on the box but we haven't got it any longer! I have called the shop but the person responsible for the baby dept is off today so they can't do anything until tomorrow shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now