Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can anyone recommend a children's bank account that can be operated online?

(6 Posts)
imoscarsmum Mon 10-Aug-09 14:57:41

DD is only 10m but has a small amount of cash and a couple of cheques waiting to go into an account. We've set up the CTF and now want a bank account to put cheques in/build up a small amount of cash for her when she's approaching her teens.
Ideally one that can be operated online/by post.
Any suggestions?
Many thanks

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 10-Aug-09 15:00:00

Halifax do one. I have one for both my dd's./

Frasersmum123 Mon 10-Aug-09 15:31:36

I have Halifax ones for my DS's and a Natwest one for DD, all of which can be operated online. I like the fact that the Halifax ones also do 'Passbooks', so as they get older the children can see the amounts adding up.

Mousey84 Mon 10-Aug-09 15:37:41

If its a regular saver, halifaxs kids one is 6% but their current acc is about 1% at the minute. Theres restricted access to both - I can see amount in them and transaction history, but not move money.

Chelsea building society offer 2% up to £20k, but operated by post and branch only.

imoscarsmum Mon 10-Aug-09 16:04:17

I'll take a look at their websites and see what looks best. Would prefer to be able to transfer money online, so maybe Halifax not for us.
Thanks for comments.

Mousey84 Mon 10-Aug-09 17:21:02

If you bank online, you should prob look at your own banks childrens savings accounts first. May not be the best rate, but it will be easier for you to control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now