Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

im setting up a little pet sitting service ... do i defo need public liability insurance?

(4 Posts)
juicychops Wed 05-Aug-09 20:03:03

its only gunna be as a hobby really as its not gunna make me mega rich!! only for pocket money and something to do. it will be taking in caged animals at my house, and going to people's houses to walk dogs, feed cats and rabbits.

do i definately need public liability insurance?

and when i am trying to do an online quote its asking for a company name. im not setting myself up as a proper company, just a website advertising my services.

what does all this company name mean? do i have to register as aproper company? cant i just get insured under myself as the only employee of the 'company'?

please help as i was really excited about it at first but its putting my off doing it now!!!

Rebeccaj Wed 05-Aug-09 20:26:32

I would; see here -

http://www.petbusinessinsurance.co.uk/dogwalker_businessinsurance.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSup port=1

juicychops Thu 06-Aug-09 19:01:54

thats a brilliant website rebecca thanks smile

has anyone else set up a similar business to this? any advice or tips you can give me? was it hard work for not much reward?

i love animals so that part wont be a problem. but i know i wont make much money which i am also prepared for

cat64 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:19:27

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now