Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Driving - Speed Awareness Course

(3 Posts)
Pinner35 Wed 05-Aug-09 11:46:55

Hi

I have been caught speeding blush (34mph in a 30 zone) and have been given the option to attend offered a Speed Awareness course as an alternative to penalty points. Trouble is, you can only go on these courses once every three years and I have been on one before but cannot for the life of me remember when. What would happen if I opt to go on the course and it transpires that I am within the three years? Both times of speeding I was on my way to hospital appointments and I'm bloody annoyed with myself.

Any advice would be much appreciated...I need to send the letter back within a week.

Thanks

BayeauxT Wed 05-Aug-09 12:25:48

Wouldn't they only give you the option of going on the course if your driving record showed that the last one you attended was over 3 years ago? (They must have a record of it surely - along with all your other driving transgressions? http://www.mumsnet.com/te/1.gif)

Pinner35 Wed 05-Aug-09 12:30:05

Yes, that's what DH said but I think it might be a standard letter. The course is run by a separate provider who would probably keep the details. I am absolutely terrified of getting into any more trouble but would like to avoid the points if I can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now