Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone konw about no cold calling areas?

(4 Posts)
DidEinsteinsMum Tue 04-Aug-09 18:54:44

Ok we are in a no cold calling area. But we still get people banging on the door. They say but we are not selling. We are offering a service or we are doing a service.

I thought a no cold calling area prevented anyone just turning up and banging on the door for all of the above reasons.

Aparantly the lot tonight had permission from the police hmm Where do we stand on this as i am now confused as what a no cold calling area means. We have had more people banging on the door since becoming a no cold calling area then before.

Mousey84 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:29:05

had a look at the site about it - the only exceptions seem to be catalogue (avon, kleenze etc) and envelopes from charities.

it also says "Those who turn away uninvited sales people or have suspicions about bogus traders operating in the area, are asked to let Trading Standards or the Police know. All information is gratefully received to help us reduce crime."

link

hope that helps!

DidEinsteinsMum Thu 06-Aug-09 09:29:04

Thank you. Have decided to ring TS as it clearly states selling thus i suspect the next we're not selling anything hmm is correct through a loop hole but am concern about the increase of people in the area and their rudeness and pushyness now. cheers.

Mousey84 Thu 06-Aug-09 14:34:41

but they are selling a service - no? if they say they arent selling ask if they are doing it for free grin Or say you are busy right now, but can you have their number and name of business and you will get back to them, then report them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now