Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

need advice on insurance for risky sports

(5 Posts)
ridingjoker Mon 03-Aug-09 13:41:18

after near death experience on horse few weeks back. think its about time i get life insurance sorted.

dont own house.

have 2 dc under 4yr.

do horse riding, rock climbing which may progress to mountain climbing in future if i get any good grin

also thinking about parachuting soon.

and on hols i go scuba diving and paragliding and all the crap normal travel insurance doesn't cover.

so is there insurance that will cover me as life and doing these kind of things abroad?

i've noticed alot of insurance wont even cover horse riding. which tbh never really occured to me as an extreme sports. but hey ho it is aparently.

ridingjoker Mon 03-Aug-09 13:47:50

oh and had abnormal cells removed last yr. which i'm still undergoing 6monthly check ups ?

not proper cancer as hadn't developed.... would i have to tell them?

i also need critical illness on my cover too.

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 04-Aug-09 19:38:50

I'd see an independent broker, you have too many variables for a standard policy.

Re the health questions, yes you do need to tell them as they may exclude any related illness.

Often joining an association will cover you for insurance. I'm in my local mountaineering club which has cover through the BMC. You can buy your own BMC cover I think if not in a club.

If you paraglide in this country then you have to be a member of the BHPA which again includes insurance for accidents. Not sure about on holiday but would the company taing you paragliding not have cover?

ridingjoker Tue 04-Aug-09 20:53:01

think i'll head broker route. have to sort this soon as had an injury today on one of horses. thanks for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now