Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

can you reverse a payment you make on a credit card if more money has come out that you wanted?

(6 Posts)
juicychops Fri 31-Jul-09 10:06:47

been struggling for money and only just realised why.

i made a payment on a credit card for £90 2 weeks ago. just going through my bank balance and realsised that £190 has come out and gone to the credit card instead of £90 which has crippled me!

i pay online and have never had this problem before. i am always EXTREMELY careful with the figure that i put in and although it is a POSIBILITY it was my mistake, i cant understand how i could have made this mistake.

is there any way i can get this £100 back into my account? i cant just use the credit card as i cut it up a long time ago and have no intention of getting a new one sent out to be used

has anyone had the wrong amount taken out of their bank which was a bank error and not your own?

whoops Fri 31-Jul-09 10:26:27

YEs I have done this, I rang the company and explained I put the wrong figure in and I think they sent me a cheque back

juicychops Fri 31-Jul-09 10:55:30

just rang the bank and there is nothing they will do so im screwed. hate having this dam creditcard!!

lal123 Fri 31-Jul-09 11:06:59

on the bright side - you're £100 closer to paying it off?

whoops Fri 31-Jul-09 11:10:13

can you access the account online? how about doing a balance transfer to your account?

juicychops Fri 31-Jul-09 13:30:22

icant transfer money from my credit card back to my current account. m just on the phone to bank again cos until ive got proof i cant just accept this was my mistake... im stubern like that!

they can transfer it back but with interest charges being £5 per month until the balance is paid - which will be a long time!! so cant afford it. i apy enough interest as it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now