Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

DH totally forgot to go and sign on today............

(6 Posts)
FAQtothefuture Tue 28-Jul-09 20:50:52

he's just suddenly exclaimed loudly "OH NO!"

I said what - and before he had a chance to realise I also remembered that it's Tuesday - he was supposed to be at the Job Centre at 3.40 to sign on.

Totally, and utterly genuinely forgot - probably due to FIL being here (he lives 5000 miles away and has never been to the UK before). Ok - it's an excuse - but it really really is genuine.

He's claiming for both of us - but as I'm studying and something else (forget what they said it was now) I don't have to sign on every week/fortnight (he's currently fortnightly - soon to be weekly apparently).

Does this mean that the won't give us the money on Friday? If he goes in tomorrow and grovels will they still authorise the money to go out???

AnarchyAunt Tue 28-Jul-09 20:53:24

If he goes in tomorrow they should let him sign on but the money is only sent out when he has signed and takes three working days to clear - so it will be at least a day late.

AnarchyAunt Tue 28-Jul-09 20:54:01

Wednesday signing means monday money usually.

FAQtothefuture Tue 28-Jul-09 20:55:58

so we will get it - just late??? (nothing new there - a month or so back - before we were back together the money came in the day before he was next due to sign on - so nearly 2 weeks late).

We can cope with it being late - I was just worried they'd say he'd broken his agreement or something and say he wouldn't get it at all.

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Tue 28-Jul-09 20:56:53

He has 5 working days to contact them.

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 09:16:12

ok that's fine - he's going first thing this morning (well as soon as he gets up - he's having a lie in this morning so still in bed grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now