Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Divorce, would appreciate some advice please.

(2 Posts)
sunfleurs Mon 27-Jul-09 17:02:48

Will try to keep this brief.

During our 8 year marriage my exh has been unfaithful, run up massive amounts of debt in both of our names, been verbally and physically abusive. He is also imo an alcoholic.

I have come back from a weekend away to find that he has taken electrical goods from the home on the grounds that he paid for them. He is still on the tenancy of this property (HA) as I am unable to have him removed due to the massive rent arrears that he ran up. I am paying these off gradually. Therefore he still legally has access to the home.

I have contacted a solicitor and am now proceeding with divorce but I can't see him until next week. Could anyone tell what I need to do to have ex removed from the tenancy even though there are arrears on the account. I have contact Housing Association and they say that they cannot remove him because of these arrears. But there has to be something I can do. I am getting desperate. I have to stop him having free access to the home when I am not here. Is there any way I can get him removed? Would the Family Court be able to do this? Grateful for any advice anyone can give me.

Many thanks.

babybarrister Thu 30-Jul-09 11:21:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now