Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Unreasonable Contract/Holiday Pay

(3 Posts)
Mummy369 Mon 20-Jul-09 20:33:18

Hi, My childminder told me she can't look after my daughter from september. I decided to end the contract earlier because she is away for 2 weeks in the Summer, and anyway my husband is home to look after the children. I gave her 6 weeks notice as per the contract, and now she says I have to pay her holiday pay because she is 'owed' it. She says she is entitled to 28 days holiday - my daughter only attends 3 days per week so in effect that would be 9 weeks paid holiday per year. I told the childminder surely she means 4 weeks? But she disagrees. Now, because the CM has only had 7 days so far, she says I have to pay her 21 days. My sums indicate that if I paid her this sum it would be the equivalent of 7 weeks pay and there's only 9 weeks left to the end of the contractual year! With only a week to go until the end of the notice period, I'm really worried about how to broach this with her. She is a very business-like person and can be very unreasonable at times. She sends text messages whilst I'm at work, repeating them 2-3 times until I reply; Also, she charges FULL PAY for all time off - both hers and ours, incl. sick leave and bank holidays. So I have actually paid in full for every week of the contract, and what she is asking for sounds like I have to pay her twice? Has anybody had a similar experience and have any advice for me, please?

lou031205 Mon 20-Jul-09 21:12:39

You might get more replies in the childminders/nannies topic smile

Mummy369 Mon 20-Jul-09 21:21:47

Thanks - I started the post there and someone suggested I try Legal and Employment as well...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now