Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

paying a credit card too much?

(12 Posts)
SlartyBartFast Sat 18-Jul-09 11:08:21

anyone done this?

what can i do, will they return the money.

i had arranged to get a new 0% credit card and transfer balance.
however one stupid moment last weekend i paid the credit card,
now the new credit card informed me they have transferred money.

so basically i have paid barclays off but a few days later the account was transferred?
so barclays shoudl be in credit...
any one any experience of this.
will they expect us to use the barclaycard until we reach the amount we have paid, or will they pay it back into our bank account?

Medee Sat 18-Jul-09 11:23:32

they won't pay it back automatically, so you will need to contact them to request this.

SlartyBartFast Sat 18-Jul-09 11:25:40

and they will happily do it you think?

thanks for answering btw

<<feel so stupid>>

trixymalixy Sat 18-Jul-09 11:39:30

Yes of course they will give you back the money, it's yours!!!!

I have done this before when i paid off a balance and then they took the DD as well.

I can't remember how they paid it back, but remember it taking a while. I don't think they sent a cheque so must have been a bank transfer.

SlartyBartFast Sat 18-Jul-09 11:54:36

great thanks.
is dh's account, so getting him to make the call is another ballgame.
smile

bran Sat 18-Jul-09 12:07:40

They will pay it back, after some effort and waiting on your part. It might be easier to just use up the credit by using that card in preference to your other cards for a while.

SlartyBartFast Sat 18-Jul-09 12:08:58

i spose bran

Onlyaphase Sat 18-Jul-09 12:09:24

I did this with a Capital One card last year. I called up and requested a refund, they were happy to do this and it took a couple of weeks to hit my bank account.

SlartyBartFast Sat 18-Jul-09 12:17:40

couple of weeks {shock]

so is there any interest in using the credit card when i am in credit <<dense>> ?

Medee Sat 18-Jul-09 14:34:32

not usually, Slarty.

trixymalixy Sat 18-Jul-09 15:52:58

I know egg used to pay interest on a positive balance, but don't think others do

SlartyBartFast Sat 18-Jul-09 15:58:05

thanks for your advice.
got dh to make the call!
they said 3 to 4 days, watch this space smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now