Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PLEASE could someone recommend good life assurance?

(13 Posts)
Socci Fri 20-May-05 12:46:47

Message withdrawn

roisin Fri 20-May-05 12:51:16

It would be worth talking to an IFA: it won't cost you anything, they'll talk to you about what sort of product suits you best, and find you the best deal. (They will get commission from the company, but your policy should not cost you any more than doing it independently.)

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 12:52:41

You have to talk to an IFA as Roisin says. This isn't something MN can advise on - it's too big and too important. An IFA will look at all your financial details and what you want and then recommend the best option(s).

Socci Fri 20-May-05 12:53:16

Message withdrawn

Socci Fri 20-May-05 12:54:08

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 12:54:29

\link{http://www.unbiased.co.uk/?WT.mct=PPC&WT.mcn=Google&WT.srch=1Try this site}

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 12:54:47

Try this site

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 12:55:37

Thing is, everyone's financial situation is different. And I guess you don't actually know how good the life insurance is util you have to claim...!

Socci Fri 20-May-05 12:59:58

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 13:01:21

Personal recommendations for an IFA would be good though.

tatt Fri 20-May-05 13:05:22

do you already have any life cover? sometimes people in employment have cover through a firm. Obviously that stops if you change/ lose jobs so it can still be worth having your own. Term life cover is cheapest. I did have some for a while but cancelled it as I decided we had enough cover from employers/ past employment. Shop around - rates vary a lot depending on whether you smoke or not, any health problems in your family.

milge Fri 20-May-05 13:16:01

go to lifesearch

fells Fri 27-May-05 11:25:35

My husband is an IFA - he can give you an idea of costs and options open to you.

His email is pete@coram.ltd.uk if you want to drop him a line.

Emma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now